Saturday, September 27, 2003

Yet again, I didn't do anything today. I plan to work on the guitar picture later, though. I messed up drawing the frets, though, a tedious process of almost but not quite right angles. The website has hit a snag because I need more images before I can continue.

Now that I think about it, I did a little more than nothing. I watched Westway to the World, a great documentary about the Clash. It's a great movie for music lovers in general because the interviews with the band members show their passion for music in general. They loved everything they came in contact with, from the Rolling Stones to the reggae in the Jamaican area of London, to the early rappers in the streets of New York City. They explain many of their songs and the stories behind them. The movie should be required viewing for all of the dumbass kids who like to think they're punk. The Clash used to dress in clothes that they had painted themselves with automotive spraypaint and metal stencils. At one point in the interview Joe Strummer laughs and comments how crazy they looked. The point is that nobody was doing anything like that anywhere else. Now, people can buy "punk" clothing off the rack at the mall. I've even seen a shirt with safety pins included at an upscale department store. It's disgusting, really. Granted, I was a toddler when punk was at it's height, so I'm not really an authority.

No comments: