Tuesday, September 16, 2003

It's been another antisocial day. I meant to go to the lighting studio on campus to shoot photos of my electric guitar for a project I'm working on, but that would mean potentially seeing people I might not want to see. It's been odd since I graduated. I haven't wanted to go see anybody at the school because I don't have anything to say when they ask me what I've been up to. Of course, there is the handful of people who I do enjoy talking to whom I sorely miss and seldom see. It's kind of a kick in the balls because I sometimes feel that I've disappointed a great group of people who expected me to achieve great things. But I always suspected that there were some people who fully expected me to fail outright. These were the people who rubbed me the wrong way early on, so I resisted anything they had to say. These were teachers mostly, but teachers in title only. My feeling hasn't changed since I was in their classroom- screw 'em.

In other less self-absorbed and angsty news, I'm almost ready to apply to Google. It's been hard to write a cover letter to them because I don't know what they are looking for. I think I'll just try to sound as qualified and competent as possible. Failing that, maybe I'll just start taking companies to court to try to make the state force them to hire me.

No comments: