Saturday, September 13, 2003

I'd like to start this blog with some grand epiphany that I recently came to that struck me as worthy to post on the internet, but I've got nothing. This is more of a whim, really. The reason I've started this is that I hope it might make me focus a little harder on finding a real job. I've got a little web design gig right now that isn't bad, but it won't last. My goal right now is to get hired by google. They've got a sweet position as an "Associate Product Manager" that I'd like to fill. How cool would that be? It's hard to stay optimistic sometimes, even though I'm a white male living in the middle class suburbs with broadband internet, a guitar, and full use of my arms and legs. All things considered, I guess I'm okay.

Well, maybe. I think I might be a felon. My library card is maxed out right now, so I owe a lot of money to a federal organization. Failure to pay means I can't get books anymore. If I never pay, is that a federal crime? Of course, I'll pay. The AV section has the best assortment of cool foreign films in town and it's free aside from the fines. Some of the more mainstream movies are scratched up from all the white trash who rent them and use them to buff their trucks, but most of the cooler movies are pretty clean.

No comments: