Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Web logs were originally meant to be semi-personal autobiographical diaries about the people who write them, presumably so that other people they know could stay current with the writer's life events. This is what I intended mine to be, originally. I had all kinds of lofty ideas about using this fine and free service as a project until I find meaningful employment, now that the economy and job market are ostensibly on the mend. My blog was, and still is, meant to document the things that I do every day. However, that doesn't amount to much. I could report my feelings about the demo for the new Jedi Knight game I just tried, or I could relay my secrets for cooking macaroni and cheese in a clean and efficient manner that I have developed in my hiatus from usefulness. No, none of this, not yet anyway.

Actually, I did do something today. I listened to the new Rancid album. This one will be worth buying after the boycott, I think. It's kind of a departure from their earlier albums, but it still has their reggae and punk roots.

No comments: