Thursday, September 23, 2004

Six months ago I was standing at a cash register watching yuppies graze stacks of bargain books. This was when I first wondered "what do you call an animator who doesn't animate?" I figured that I would solve this problem soon enough, as I was planning on enrollng at BSU in the Fall.

I've been here for a month, and I'm starting to wonder the same thing again. The closest thing I get to animation is a little flash project I'm troubleshooting at work. It's mildly amusing, but Flash is very dull and clunky compared to Maya. I'm told that there are computers on campus with Maya on them, just waiting for someone who knows how to use it. I'm typing from one of those machines now, actually, but it doesn't have Maya like I was told.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So wait...you're saying that *ahem* nobody knows what happened to the Maya, that they just disappeared? Hmm...I suppose all but maybe three of the manuals have been burned, too. I blame the Spanish department. I guess animated with "Ink an'" pen just isn't the same. So yeh posted this from some "Ol' Mac," did yeh?

OK, that's probably enough.

--Su hermano, quién no habla Español.