Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I hadn't planned on posting tonight, as I usually don't see anything blogworthy at work. Usually. Today, I saw something that both amazed and astounded me. I was covering for a manager in the music department while he went to send a fax in the office. I helped a woman find and purchase Johnny Cash's last album, which she politely requested I open for her. This is perfectly reasonable, but I have trouble with CD packaging too. (if anyone is still reading this, I swear I have a point) I got the cellophane off and proceeded to pick away at the adhesive seal on the top of the case when the manager came back and said that he knew a trick to get it open. Pay attention here, this is amazing. He popped the front part off at the bottom, folded it up and over the CD, and peeled the sticker off that way. It took all of two seconds! Remember this technique, everybody. It's how Harry Houdini probably opened his phonograph records.

No comments: