Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy new year all.

A year ago, I was asleep on my aunt and uncle's couch because we were all getting up early to go to the Rose Parade. This year, I celebrated with a few friends and a few friends of friends. I have a cold and their apartment has cats, so my new year's toast consisted of claratin and half a glass of cheap fruity wine. The sum these ingredients amounted to something like a Sam's Choice chardonnay. It was good to see everybody again, though.

I contemplated doing a year in review post tonight, but I can't think of anything blogworthy from the past year. This new year, though, will be different. I'm going to go back to school and hide out until the economy improves, and work with a competent job placement department to get me out of this town. In the meantime, I hope to keep my job and maybe find a part time job in something more art related. Nothing strenuous, just something to keep the creative juices flowing.

I must give a nod to Gerry and his gimped out ankle. Hope you feel better, cracker. I'm going to be dragging you all over Indianapolis in a month, and I don't need you going all (pick a geek metaphor, hmm... Spike in Buffy season 2? No, uh, how about...) Cobra Commander in the GI Joe movie. Hopefully you're like Lana and your leg will be perfectly healed in two weeks. You'll be up and around reporting on all the breakfast buffets in town in no time.

No comments: