Monday, May 03, 2004

I saw something today that blew my mind. The kind of thing that takes everything I know about conservation of mass and tosses it in the woods like so much grass clippings. I stopped at a local Shell gas station to put air in my tires- not just because it's cool, but because it's responsible. I was pulling in to find the air hose when I saw one of those gigantic humvee limousines driving through the parking lot. It lumbered around and began to move toward the entrance to the carwash a few feet from my position. I couldn't see very well as it entered, but I was right by the exit when it came out, much like the huge long spaceship in Spaceballs.

I also saw my buddy's newly acquired hernia scar, complete with stitches, bruising, and bloating. I was a bit taken aback, but I expected to see what I saw, given my proud heritage of hospitalization. A hernia to my family is like first communion to a Catholic.

No comments: