Wednesday, May 12, 2004

As of the beginning of this writing, frame promo_r1.0144.tif is rendering in a series of 430. It isn't anything especially exciting, merely a flashlight moving around. The larger purpose of this is that I'm applying to a company that wants to maybe/possibly/hopefully add an animator to their staff to make animated promo type things for their project proposals. I needed something that didn't have anything to do with dancing monkish, bumper cars, or robots menacing the countryside. I chose to make a little promo animation with a Mag-Lite flashlight to demonstrate how good I am at pretending to be serious and professional.

The render finished, BTW, and it looks okay so far. Hopefully I'll be done tomorrow night. I recall Todd lamenting once about the need for sleep. I quite agree. If I didn't have to sleep, I could get so much more done. Even if some of that new time awake was spent playing video games, I could use the rest to do constructive things and still come out ahead.

In unrelated news- how do we, the human race, surpass the great pyramids or the moon landing? This is a good start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And it's GCN! Remember the big fuss after the Spaceworld 200* video was realistic then the WW shots were cel-shaded? Is this to be the end result of the realistic one started so long ago? Is it to be another bait-and-switch-before,-curiously-enough,-any-actual-hooking-takes-place publicity stunt?
-Michael of Michael's blog in the links