Friday, February 20, 2004

First off, go check out Making Fiends. It's some funny stuff.

It's February, a TV sweeps month, so I feel the need to do something to do something in (dubious?) honor of this. Faithful readers may remember when I made noodles with peanut sauce for my last sweeps stunt, blogging live from the kitchen as I prepared the dish. This time around, though, I'm going to leave off with a cliffhanger. A non-ending or sorts. I'm leaving for a little weekend jaunt to who knows where as a driver on the annual USF road trip. The official title of the trip is the "ultimate road trip", but this is erroneous.

The idea is to set out on the open road to whatever destination on Friday night and be back by Sunday morning, so it really isn't that large of a trip; nor is this the last trip that will ever be taken, hence there isn't anything "ultimate" about it. I was part of the inaugural trip a couple of years ago. We started towards Colorado Springs, Co. but ended up stuck in some small town in Kansas during a particularly heavy blizzard. I got the whole thing on tape, though, and edited it into a documentary of the whole affair.

I'll make mental notes and report back on either Sunday night or Monday sometime, depending on when I return. If I return...

No comments: