Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The new design is a result of Blogger telling me about lots of cool new features, then telling me my old template wouldn't work with the new stuff. They added the ability to add RSS feeds to the sidebar, something I've been eager to do with my Netflix queue. Technically, this works. The problem is that the feed doesn't update right. Netflix updates the feed automatically and the list stays current, but near as I can tell it's Blogger not checking the feed and updating properly. If the movie list disapears now and then it's because I'm frustrated with it. The other new addition is the countdown clock to Warren Ellis's first novel. A countdown to a book is pretty geeky already, but I'm looking forward to it that much.

I'm getting ready to move now. My stuff is scattered between the basement here and a storage facility near here. The new place has a dishwasher and a second room that I can use as and office. I get a balcony, a storage closet, new carpet and kitchen floor, and the laundry facility is right next to me. All this for only about $50 more than I was paying for the freezing cold gulag I used to live in.

No comments: