Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My new comic shop:
Giant Silver Surfer. I don't really care about the rest of the movie, but this is cool.

I canceled my pull file at the shop I've used for years here in Fort Wayne. I can't say I'm sorry, really, even though I was pretty much only keeping it for the sake of supporting the shop that got me started as a comic geek lo those many years ago. They had a habit of leaving books out of my file that I had requested, and I ended up going to Discount Comics for a couple of titles they never had in stock in the first place. As the name implies, Discount Comics sells comics at a deep discount. It's a locally owned brick and mortar shop that does mail orders to my new area, and the discount is about equal to the shipping charge. I would still pay full price at Alter Ego if I lived close enough, but I'm not driving to Muncie every Wednesday.

No comments: