Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Back to the academic grind for me today. Not academic in the traditonal sense, perhaps, as I'm rendering a movement test right now. The arms get a little weird when they're raised above shoulder level.

I bought a new amp yesterday- a decently badarse 500 watt that's a behemouth compared to my little practice amp. I had resisted getting a larger amp before now because I didn't need anything huge, but the new one sounds good even at low volume. I underestimated my little Mexican strat- it sounds pretty good through this amp. When I tried the amp out at the store, I used a cheap beginner model because I figured the sound would compare. It turns out that my guitar sounds much better. I haven't tried my distortion pedal yet, as the natural gain is already pretty good. I'll be practicing with a drummer soon, so I wanted to get an amp that could be heard over that. If we happen to record any of the cacophony, I'll post the highlights.

No comments: