Wednesday, October 19, 2005

And Dummy begat Dummy:

This is the first render I've done of my latest creation- a marionette for my animation project.
All of the joints are articulated like a puppet would be, and it even has kung-fu grip modeled after GI Joe circa 1968. My next challenge is to build a skeleton for it and make a cloth kimono that will move realistically, then see if I can make some sort of gravity field. If I actually totaled up my list of problems with this project it would come to 99 (one external issue not germane to the project is conspicuously absent), ergo I have little time for anything else.

Some schools throw you out for having this much fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news: Marionettes have no skeletons. By the way, did G.I. Joe ever say "Knowledge is power," or only "And knowing is half the battle"? On a final note, you've already referred to that song. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure of it.

--Michael

Loyal V said...

Nope, just "And knowing is half the battle." And yes, I have referred to this song on more than one occasion. Beating a dead horse is a theme on this blog. Now excuse me, I'm being menaced by a possum.