Friday, July 16, 2004

Like an Orc peon with four trees left within reasonable walking distance of his Orc encampment, I'm getting close to being done with my work at Barnes and Noble. It's funny, because different people have all said "so, I hear you're leaving us" in the same casual way. This leads to me telling them that I'm going back to school at Ball State. Inevitably, I then have to explain what Digital Storytelling is. It feels pretty darn good to be working behind a counter and think about how I could break out in a dance like Christopher Walken in that Fatboy Slim video. Coincidentally, I found this list of things that people ask in bookstores. I've heard most of them, often more than once. I recommend perusing the other lists on the site, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did unreasonable walking distance ever stop your peons from hacking away at the human-infested forest?
-Michael

Anonymous said...

What's an ORC?
-Gerry

Loyal V said...

I'm referring to the Orcs from the Warcraft game series. The units aren't that bright, and as a rule, the peons are especially dim-witted laborers.