Monday, July 12, 2004

I got a call about the computer today. It turns out that my big 120GB drive is kaput. That means I lose a ton of cool stuff. 20+ MST3k movies, seven or eight Smashing Pumpkins concerts of varying quality, and most of the 2D computer art I’ve done in the past few years. Fortunately, I’ve been saving my 3D files on another drive. There’s still a chance that some of the data can be recovered, but things don’t look good.

In better news, I’ve turned in my 2-weeks notice at Barnes and Noble. I like the store and the staff, don’t get me wrong. I’ll probably still go there for books I wish to purchase that I can’t find at Hyde Brothers. I also have an interview (or something similar) next Monday at BSU to find out about being a content producer for the BSU website. So not only is this a substantial financial windfall, but I might get to do something that will count as real work experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We both have had hard drive problems this year. Consider 2004 "the year of the hard drive crash."
-Gerry