Tuesday, July 06, 2004

It’s been quite a week. I worked quite a bit over the weekend at both jobs, so I was already worn out when I got home on Sunday night, when I could feel myself coming down with a cold. My two days off, Monday and Tuesday, I get sick. Then, to add insult to injury, the computer crapped out on me, so I had to drive across town to get it repaired. They’re backed up right now, so it will be Monday before they call with an estimate. Call me Okonkwo, because my things are falling apart.

I’m blogging from my Mom’s laptop now, which is kind of odd. I’ve used it before for blogging, but now I’m faced with a week or more of being a “Mac Person.” I wonder when the mindset sets in? When does one become a full-on Mac enthusiast? If I find myself trying to sell anybody on the many features the Mac has, and the many great games that will eventually see Mac release, I’m going to jump into the St. Mary’s.

Well, one feature does warrant mentioning. When I plug in my iPod, the Mac reads it as an external drive. It even charges the battery through the firewire port. Kind of cool, right? Well, no. For some reason, iTunes is incapable of playing songs in the intended album order. It even goes so far as to rearrange the songs on the iPod. I used iTunes for MS to rip the songs, too, so I know that the track order is all correct. Maybe when Steve Jobs gets done hula dancing in a skirt of money in front of Michael Eisner’s house he could get somebody on this problem. That would be great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MACS...ugh.
-Gerry