Monday, April 05, 2004

Not every movie I watch is light-hearted, you know. For every happy action movie I see, I try to ballance with a less than jubilant selection, like Once Upon a Time in the West, or The Seventh Seal. I love having a comm minor- I get to be a card-carrying film snob whenever I want.

I'd like to recommend the movie I watched last night, The Man Who Wasn't There. It's the Cohen brothers take on film noir. The whole thing is black and white and the lighting is amazing. It also has almost every cool actor currently working- Billy-Bob Thornton, James Gandolfini, Scarlett Johanssen, and Tony Shaloub, just to name a few. Without giving too much away, the movie reminded me of The Stranger by Albert Camus. My brother would get that, but I don't know about anyone else.

No comments: