Friday, October 03, 2003

Yeah, I went to the new YMCA today to see about getting a membership. There isn't anything amazingly exciting about this, but it should prove to be a wealth of future posts full of snarky comments and cheap shots at the more zealous health nuts. Future topics might include the indoor rock wall that I'll never climb, the pool that I'll probably never go in, and the weight room that will put me in the hospital. This is shaping up to be middle school gym class without the Col. Kurtz/Klink figure of a gym teacher. Actually, the funny thing is I can see my middle school from the windows on one side, so my old gym teacher might be in the Y locker room waiting to make sure I shower properly. He was a tool.

The Cubs get another go at Atlanta tomorrow night at Wrigley Field. The way I figure, they won one out of two in Atlanta, so things are looking good for them to win the next (I assume) two games at home. The Cubs fan crowd is going to be insane. Shoutout to Tom, who lives near Wrigley Field. I'll be scanning the TV crowd in the street outside the stadium for his blonde head caught up in the tumult.

No comments: