Monday, July 10, 2006

I sat down here in the library to get a strong wi-fi signal so I could upload pictures I took last night and as I was checking Penny Arcade (a tri-weekly staple of life), an old lady walked by and paused to express amusement that I was reading a comic strip on the internet. Imagine that- humor has endured well after the twilight of the rotary phone. Her grandson rolled his eyes and ushered her on to the books, most likely concious of the sort of humor that can be found in webcomics.

The harmonica class was a strange sort of fun. The instructor used the time to painstakingly explain the scale we were to practice, as well as several other topics. I'd summarize them here, but playing my new harmonica has been an exercise in oxygen depravation.

I took a walk last night and took some pictures with my door lens. I also stood for a while under the trees at dusk and watched the bats fly by overhead and in some cases right past me at close range.



































































After spending most of my life far removed from anything nautical, I felt compelled to photograph the heck out of the lake and the boats, as these things only exist to me in Tom Waits songs. For all I know, the Edmund Fitzgerald is sitting at the bottom of this lake next to the Lusitania and a giant kracken. I'd totally believe that if someone told me it was true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come back to Muncie. I'm bored.
-Gerry

Scott Davis said...

Loyal, quit clowing around out there and come back. I got a new house and a new 42 inch HDTV plasma TV to play Halo on.

TheMagicMel said...

Your vacation sounds awesome; it would have never occurred to me to take such a trip, but now I've filed the idea away for later. Also on the agenda, an 'out west' vacation where I spend one day (at least) as voluntary slave labor on a dinosaur dig.

Reading your blog makes me realize how aggressively different our lives are. I enjoy the aesthetics by proxy.