Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I saw this on the Onion A.V. Club- set your mp3 player to random and list the first five songs that come up without skipping any, then comment on each. I used my iPod, which only has a small portion of the music on my computer at work, hence no Smashing Pumpkins bootlegs or Muncie music.

Lonely- Tom Waits
A Tom Waits song all about being alone in a room full of people- of course it resonates with me. It's not my favorite on the album, though, that would be either Virginia Avenue or I Hope that I Don't Fall in Love With You.

Get Out of My House- The Streets
Gad, what a weird song. It's a hard one to explain without describing the whole album. I bought the CD for another song after hearing it in a friend's car, and ended up liking the whole thing.

Breathe- The Prodigy
Kind of a guilty pleasure, like all of the music I liked in high school. I used to listen to it at speech meets. Ahh, bass-boosted nostalgia.

Better Man- Pearl Jam
Classic. If you're under 30, you may remember why. The band is still going strong, though their intensity dropped off after their third album.

Bouree- Jethro Tull
A short, all-instrumental flute rock interlude. The album is a little inconsistent, due to the strength of the songs Aqualung, Cross-Eyed Mary, and Hymn 43. They rock beyond my comprehension, and I suspect their may be even more rock happening beyond the human hearing range in each song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a Worldwide Suicide! Pear Jam has a NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!