Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm not actually dead, though the prospect loomed unnervingly close in the past two weeks when I had the flu and then a pretty bad sore throat. I couldn't talk, but it took me a few days to realize this, as I don't talk much. I came down with the flu during the last DS Halo fragfest- cold sweats, nausea, headache, the works. I still managed to win four out of five rounds either by myself or with the help of Michelle. The last round the kill count was set at 25, and the level was huge for four people, and all I could think was "I can't go home to bed until this is over." I couldn't even see straight when I shotgunned my 25th kill in the back of the head. I got home, walked into the kitchen, and threw up for the first time in four years. The last time I vomited was when I got sick and had to postpone getting my wisdom teeth removed, thus missing seeing Zwan in Columbus, Ohio- right across from the Ohio State University.

So, I'm feeling better now. Still coughing a bit, much to the joy of my lumbering brick-footed upstairs neighbor. The parents have provided much in the way of medicine and food during this, and I'm gradually eating all of it like Pac-Man.

The semester is going pretty well. I had blocked out all kinds of time to work on my various projects, and recently I've spent this time sleeping and trying to stay at least minimally current with classes.

4 comments:

Scott Davis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott Davis said...

Okay, I'll try this again with better English....

Geez, Loyal, are you saying you got sick of Halo?

Suck it up, Marine!

-- mcyoda

Anonymous said...

McYoda? An unconcious Yoda wearing a kilt passed out in the gutter? Or a Yoda with large fries and a coke?

Scott Davis said...

mcyoda = masterchief yoda.

use sticky grenade I shall...

we need to find another marine for our halo clan, now that sonny has retired :(