Friday, September 23, 2005

I haven't blogged lately because I've been helping so many other people with their blogs lately that I'm a little tired of it. The university is sponsoring a group of students to blog and podcast about life at BSU. That is, everything is furnished by the school, but the school doesn't have any editorial control over the content. It should be a good project. I did research over the summer looking at what other schools call "blogs." Most were just static html pages, ostensibly written by students with no prodding (ahem) from their respective colleges. There was even one school that posted mp3 files of students reading a script about how great the school is. No RSS enclosure, just a file on a server, so technically it wasn't really a podcast. My current role in the project is general tech support- help students where I can with wordpress and report any bugs I find. A few students have yet to do anything significant on their blogs, but most are off to a great start. Seeing how the project is growing through them is really interesting.

No comments: