Friday, August 26, 2005

Things are starting to approach stability here. My schedule is free of conflicts and I think I know my weekly routine for work, class, and school work. Computer animation will be just as time-consuming as I remember it from USF. Visual Storytelling, it turns out, is a documentary film-making class. I don't know what I'm going to do for that project yet but I get to work with a friend who collects tech like my old roomie Todd. Digital production seems to be a good excuse to learn a new program and make something with it.

My severe allergic reaction to good weather has kicked in, so I'm on claratin bender this week until a good morning frost or two comes in to kill the pollen. I'm no botanist, but it is my opinion that plants suck. Just give me my oxygen and leave me alone.

Gerry and I were watching the tsunami coverage on TV the other night. The news stations are so in love with the disaster and the spectacle of people displaced by the thousands that after about an hour even we two media crazed twenty-somethings couldn't take any more. To pick our spirits up, Gerry opened up a pack of big-league chew bubble gum and we split the whole thing. It's quite impossible to be somber when you have a speech impairing mouth full of sickeningly sweet bubble gum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still brushing my teeth after that.
-Gerry

Loyal V said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Loyal V said...

Damn it all! I was really out of it yesterday and I didn't even notice that.

Anonymous said...

I noticed, but I didn't want to be mean and point it out. :-) -Gerry