Saturday, July 02, 2005

A couple of noteworthy links:

Liquid Man
An interview with the guy I buy comics from

I'm going to Indy at some point this weekend, but I don't know when. If I remember, I'll take my camera and post pictures here with blogger's new image serving feature. Speaking of which, I tried the new MS blog service that some of the CICS people here would like the students to use. The image upload feature on that reprocesses the image and spits out a really crappy, pixelated image. The test pic I uploaded was 24K, and it looked fine. The pic that it displayed was poorly aliased and the file size was 48K. Unacceptable, if you ask me. I'd almost rather see students using xanga. If anyone out there is looking at different free blog services, I recommend Blogger or Livejournal. I've done a pretty good amount of research lately at work, and those are the two standout choices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a xanga user, I can't recommend it against those two. Also, I'm going to Indianapolis Tuesday. Did you know that?

--Michael

TheMagicMel said...

I've thought about leaving xanga for blogger, but that feels a little like betraying my roots, and I don't wanna pull an Anikan.