Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Have you ever heard the phrase "busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest?" That would be me. Here's a recap of things that are worth mentioning.

Halloween was fun. I dressed as Alex from A Clockwork Orange, complete with codpiece. I've never been punched in the balls so many times in one night. The party host hit me, strangers hit me, Gerry hit me, I hit me, it was not the sort of thing I envisioned a year ago when I decided to come here. It was multicultural too- kids from Japan were lined up to cheapshot me in the fellas at Gerry's friend's house. Gad, what a weird night. The coolest costumes: Flint from GI Joe, and a girl with a post-it note on her that said "Hello, my name is Dave Coulier."

My election reaction blog post is kind of long, so I'll post it later.

I'm tentatively looking for a creative project advisor now. I've been carefully evaluating people, and I'm quite sure of one comittee member. The rest will come in time. I'll be pretty low-maintainance, so I just need somebody who is cool with new media and knows production pretty well. More on this as it develops.

I haven't seen Squeaky lately, which is for the best. I have learned that other people have seen possums outside my window on different occasaions, which is forboding.

Here's something my family will enjoy. By family, I mean my brother, but others might get a chuckle. Hamlet's soliloquy for socks: link

As I'm typing this, there's a geeky guy at the computer on the other side of the table helping a cute girl with photoshop. I'm quietly cheering for him.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving already. You know the semester is bad when I look forward to a break. This is because I'm in the vaccuum of unapplied theory hell. If it weren't for the dust-o's project, I'd be climbing the belltower with my hat backwards as we speak.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened with the geeky guy across from you? Also, the soliloquoy for socks is pretty good.

--Justin

Anonymous said...

Appli-what now? Liberal arts is a theory vacuum, if you can even call it theory.

I missed the chance to strike you in the balls? I'd have used a blunt weapon of some sort, of course.

I'll bet your election reaction post isn't as long as my election experience. You're never going to hear the end of that. You know, how I waited 7 hours to vote and then went back to keep friends company and bring them things, friends who waited 10 hours, constarnit.

Actually, I probably don't need to sign this. Liberal arts, wants to hit you, waited forever to vote. Think about it.

Anonymous said...

What election?!

Gerry